For our Client, one of the world’s leading logistics companies, we are looking for an Information System Manager (Contract Logistics):
- The primary purpose of the role is to ensure that the Contract Logistics Business Unit has the appropriate Information Systems (CLIS) in order to achieve its business objectives.
- At the heart of the role is the necessity to align IT with the business requirements, which requires a balance of flexibility and strategic thinking that will bring a long term benefit to the organization.
- The role also has overall responsibility for the delivery of all customer related solutions to the business.
- To create an environment inside the department which allows the technical and project staff to develop skills and experience which will both benefit themselves and the company over the long term
- To ensure that staff welfare is handled effectively and that the Company’s duty of care to all CLIS staff is made the highest priority.
- To motivate staff to perform at the highest level of competence and effort to meet business requirements.
- To annually create the CLIS budget.
- To ensure that the resulting expenditure is properly controlled and monitored.
- To maximize opportunities for cost recovery.
- Ensure that the CLIS department works effectively for the business.
- That the appropriate technical solution is applied to the business opportunity, delivered in the appropriate time and at the appropriate cost.
- To support the Business Development team achieve its growth targets.
- Complete responsibility for the IT elements of the Tender Process – translate requirements into innovative Information Systems, which are then fully costed and documented within the Response document.
- To ensure that all IT projects instigated by the Business Units or Business Development are properly managed and delivered on time and on budget.
- Initial point of contact for the Country Exec Team in terms of prioritization of business projects and new business implementations.
- Resource planning across all Projects within CLIS.
- Prioritization of internal initiatives / projects.
- Proven track record in leading high performing teams
- Logistics industry experience, ideally gained through operational roles
- Proven commercial awareness and experience of external customer engagement at a senior management level
- Awareness of current trends in relevant technology
- Proven influencing skills at a senior level within customer, business and IT environments
- Ability to create a clear sense of team spirit which drives and inspires enthusiasm
We believe this is both unique opportunity and exciting challenge, if you share this view and feel ready and motivated please apply: email@example.com