For our Client an international company, leader in identification solutions, in the e-ID, transport, smart cities, traceability & brand protection sector, we are searching for a Financial Controller.
Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
In terms of Financial Controlling
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Secures accuracy and consistency of the information submitted in the month end.
- Review accuracy of the report submitted at the month end to group consolidation department
- Prepares budgets and forecast by establishing schedules; collecting, analysing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends. Proposal and preparation of management indicators (volumes, financial ratios, etc.,) from the general information system of the company, as part of the reporting to provide monthly to the Management. Specific reporting to be prepared
- Assists and prepares the monthly results meetings with the board of managers or any other meeting required by the group.
- Give support for implementation of new tools related to financial and accounting activities.
In terms of Accounting:
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. Monitors specifically the balance of accounts for employees leaving the company.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors. Implementation of the audit recommendations
- Guarantees the accuracy of the accounting in front of Romanian authorities for the society.
- Prepare and submit taxes reports (monthly VAT, profit taxes, semester and annual financial statement, withholding tax, inventory) in front of Romanian authorities for the society.
- Coordinate and support foreign (UE) VAT
- Coordinate and support processes for Romanian excise recovery (data analyses, determine the eligible invoices, prepare applications, provide all necessary + requested data and documents to authorities)
- Maximizes return and limit risks on cash by minimizing bank balances; making investments.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data. Focus in the balance sheet analysis on a monthly basis: accruals, bank account and general account reconciliations, VAT recovery, outstanding invoices, collections, net equity analysis.
- Complies with state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Designs, monitors and maintains standards and procedures of the company and its consistency with the principles of the Group and the European and Romanian regulations.
- Draws up and keeps up an accounting policy in accordance with the accounting legislation based on the structure and peculiarities of the company’s activities, necessity to ensure its financial stability.
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Fulfils all the duties in accordance with legislation in force.
EXPECTED RESULTS (area performance indicators):
- Reaching the objectives defined in the annual appraisal
- Timely and accurate reporting in compliance with deadlines
- Respect quality standards and improve quality level of managed activity
OPERATIONAL SKILLS AND KNOW-HOW:
The Financial Controller shall know:
- Accounting legislation.
- Regulations, instructions, orders, other guiding, methodological and normative materials of superior, financial and auditing bodies on matters of organization of accounting and preparation of financial statements as well as the ones concerning economic and financial activity of the company.
- Financial, tax and economy legislation.
- The company’s structure, strategy and development prospects.
- Regulations and instructions on organization of accounting in the company and accounting rules.
- Procedure of documentation of transactions and organization of documents circulation in accordance with accounting sections.
- Forms and procedure of financial settlements.
- Methods of economic analysis of economic and financial activity of the company, identification of intra-company reserves.
- Rules of inventory of cash assets and inventory items.
- Procedure and terms of making up a balance sheet and financial statements.
- Rules of auditing and document revision.
- Best domestic and foreign practice of improvement of organization of accounting.
- Managing Processes, Financial Software, Developing Standards, Audit, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Tracking Budget Expenses, Financial Skills, Analysing Information, Developing Budgets, Performance Management
QUALIFICATIONS (training, diploma):
- Bachelor or Master in Economics and/or Finance
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Finance & Accounting
- Professional experience in an international company with international reporting
- To be in possession of the Certificate CECCAR (Certified Public Accountant)
- Thorough knowledge of up-to-date finance, tax and accounting laws and regulations
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Very good knowledge of the English language
- Proficient in the use of MS office applications, especially Excel
- Independent and precise working method
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- Organizational competencies and hands-on-mentality