For our Client, a shared service center belonging to one of the largest European financial services groups, we are seeking for a Accounting Consultant.
- Provide accounting expertise (French GAAP and IFRS) and assistance to the accouting teams;
- Analyse complex business events and propose accounting treatments according to French GAAP and IFRS; Provide assistance and expertise for proper accounting of business transactions and ensure accounting specific questions are well addressed and solved;
- Work closely with accounting teams and other stakeholders to ensure good quality in accounting and reporting processes;
- Provide assistance with the development and adoption of best practices in accounting and reporting processes; Design and develops processes, policies, and practices to ensure compliance with applicable laws, internal policies, and best practices.
- Communicate and explain accounting issues and evolving accounting guidance to the other teams/stakeholders;
- Support communications with external auditors on complex external financial statements and accounting issues and disclosures;
- Review audit recommendations and advise on the implementation of action plans;
- Contribute to the improvement of the accounting controls environment;
- Provide formal trainings to the accounting teams and develop formal training process;
- Search for improvements in the accounting and reporting processes and propose solutions; Propose changes needed to operationalize new and updated policies. Identify new policies needed and areas for improvement. Search for new and revised accounting and reporting processes.
- Participate in other projects as required
- Academy of Economic Studies graduate, preferably Finance/Accounting/Audit; ACCA membership or in progress is an advantage;
- Relevant experience in audit (a minimum of 3 years);
- Very good knowledge of general accounting principles; French GAAP knowledge would be an advantage;
- Medium French and good English;
- Advanced level of Excel;
- Communication skills in interacting with different stakeholders.
We believe this is both unique opportunity and exciting challenge, if you share this view and feel ready and motivated please apply: firstname.lastname@example.org